The Internet Strategy Forum
I'll be attending the Internet Strategy Forum's West Summit: The Titan's of E on Thursday the 17th in Portland, OR.
I'm pretty excited about it.
First of all, I found out about it because I read the Biznology blog by Mike Moran, and he did a post about speaking at the summit and that if we mentioned him in our registration we got 15% off. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I of course checked it out and after seeing the line-up was convinced that this was a great conference for me to attend, so I registered and got the 15% discount! Thanks Mike!
Here's that line up:
Geoffrey Ramsey, Co-founder & CEO, eMarketer
Nancy Bhagat, VP of Sales and Marketing Group, Intel
Daniel Stickel, new CEO, WebTrends (formerly with Google)
Charlene Li, VP & Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
Chris Shimojima, VP, Global Digital Commerce, Nike
David Placier, VP, Consumer Insights, Disney Online
Shane O'Neill, Chief Technology Officer, Fandango
Mike Moran, Distinguished Engineer, IBM, author (highest-rated speaker at 2007 Summit)
So why would I select this conference? Well, the timing is right. I'm not in the middle of classes right now -- but I am in the beginning process of re-creating my course in Internet-based Marketing (yes, I actually do recreate my courses, often...this ain't Shakespeare ya know!). I've always wanted to see Portland, OR, and well, I enjoy getting a chance to meet in person the bloggers/writers I follow and use in my classes!
(Note that I got that chance earlier this summer when I met Avinash Kaushik in person!)
Here's the YouTube Promo Video:
And there's a Facebook Group and a Twitter Feed. Neither of these are very active. I wonder if it will pick up during the conference?
Anyway, here's an opportunity for me to get really pumped so I can keep my class current and fresh.
As always, I'll be Twittering from the conference. I can't seem to find if they've set up a TWEME, but you can always look for updates from "Summize" (just aquired by Twitter) to see who is Twittering about the conference.



2 comments:
I am glad you're coming, Elaine. Be sure to come up and introduce yourself. I'd love to hear about your experience using my books in your courses.
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
Post a Comment