Ada Lovelace Day and our AMAZING Female Technology Professors
I volunteered to be part of the Ada Lovelace Day where bloggers all over the world are writing about women in technology.
For my post I thought I would highlight some of the women faculty at Champlain College who are teaching amazing things.
Here they are in no particular order:
- Amanda Crispel Fox: Program Director for Game Art and Animation and Game Design
- Suzanne Glover: Graphic Design and Digital Media
- Karen Klove: Digital Filmmaking
- Toni-Lee Sangastiano: Graphic Design and Digital Media
- Susyn Dees: Program Director for Radiography
- Sarah Pettitt: Web Management and Design
- Julie Rancont: Computer Information Technology
- Shubashree Thekahally: Software Engineering
- Kathy Whiting: Radiography
- Cynthia Brandenberg: CORE
- Suzanne Newberry: Math and Science
Each of these women is an expert in her field and utilizes technology tools in the practice of their work in different ways. Courses range from the highly technical such as Introduction to Computer Theory (Rancont), Game Technology I (Rancont), Conceptual Game Design (Fox), Intro to Web Design (Glover), Server-side Scripting (Pettitt) and Usability and Design (Pettitt) and Software Engineering Courses (Thekahally) to the blend of art and technology in courses such as Introduction to Digital Film making (Klove), Form and Color (Sangastiano), Introduction to Typography (Sangastiano), Digital Publication (Glover), and User Interface Design (Glover) to the health technology driven radiography classes taught by both Dees and Whiting to the integrated learning of our CORE courses where Brandenberg teaches Scientific Revolution and our Math and Science managed and taught by Suzanne Newberry.
What an amazing array of talent we are lucky to have on our campus.
So, in celebration of Ada Lovelace Day, I celebrate my female colleagues who work with technology in many different ways and who are educating a new generation of women and men.
Ladies, take a bow!


