Thursday, June 14, 2007

Champlain College Online Marketing Bootcamp Day 4: Social Networking

First I should note that last nights reception at the Firehouse Art space was GREAT. Now, it wasn't the Magic Hat (really!) that made it the best...although that was quite nice (and they were a sponsor), but the opportunity to continue to network with individuals I already know, but also those who I haven't had a chance to get to know. These Web Analytics Wednesdays are GREAT!

On to today....

Today's post will be broken up a bit, as our focus is Social Networking and in todays second half of the morning session we'll be all getting LinkedIn profiles and setting up blogs...well I already have both, so I'll be concentrating on the optimization of them.

In the mean time today's morning overview has been very good. A great intro to Social Networking by Dave Winslow from EpikOne. In the spirit of all of this...here is Dave's Linked In profile.

Some highlights included the history of Social Networking (yep there's a history!) and the current day context. The interesting part has to do with where we've been, where we are and where we are going:

Early stages
1. IM
2. Message Boards
3. Webinars

Current Platforms
1. Blogs
2. Wikis
3. Online Communities

Next evolution
1. 3-d Virtual Worlds
2. Peer-to-peer
3. Virtual Tradeshow

Um...Dave's Back...time to get hands on with LinkedIn! Be back later!

0 comments: