Friday, August 29, 2008

Welcome Class of 2012

Today we welcomed the freshmen class of 2012 here at Champlain.


For those of you who do the college thing, you'll understand what it is like to go from the sleepy summer campus to, in one day, a vibe that is all excitement, fear, anxiety, thrill and well...just fresh and new. Every year at this time you can feel the excitement in the air. You can touch the excitement.

It's in all the faces around you.


And I'm not talking about the freshmen!


Our current students who are Resident Assistants, Orientation Leaders and Peer Advisors put themselves out there today. They were full of energy, enthusiasim and downright silliness as they pulled out all the stops.







This year in particular is a new beginning for me as well. Having resigned as program director of the e-business and marketing programs, this is my first year at Champlain (and I've been here since 2000) that I will be 100% full time faculty. No administrative contract. No running any programs. Just focusing on the part of my job I love the most. Teaching.

1 comments:

Jon S said...

Wish I could be up there Elaine! I actually have to catch up with you! Tell you about my internships! I'll be up near Halloween! Looks like another great year! Much love!