Sick and Blogging, but not sick of blogging
It's a record. Really. Less than ONE FULL WEEK OF CLASSES and I'm already sick. Really really really sick. Been down for the count for five days so far and it's getting old. Really really really old (see, I'm so sick I'm channeling my 11 year old daugher...Really!).
So why blog today?
Convergent forces.
Great NYTimes Magazine article about "Ambient Awareness" and Facebook and Twitter. I can't say anything that really makes sense at the moment about it other than it's really really really good ... and stuff.
Secondly, our own local Burlington Free Press which has been playing with the Twitter thing has made a welcome change to their process! Woot!
Here's the Tweet I received today: @dliloia @PMGCreative @ejyoung67 Made changes to BFP's twitter channels. Now separated by topic. This is to reduce the major tweet dumps. about 3 hours ago from web
So now there is actually a "news" feed that has already alerted me to a moose on the loose and ballots missing at a local poling station. Not just the articles that are in the paper. Yeah BABY! That's the way to use the Twitter! But wait...it looks like I can also subscribe to:
So I'll be sending bfp_alert directly to my mobile phone because I'm going to assume that it will alert me to the critical news like major catastrophies and shootings etc. and the others I'll just add to my twitter stream.
Good conversations going on out there folks. Join the "ambient awareness" and the local news alerts, stay informed and...stay well. *cough* I'm off to bed.



3 comments:
Glad to see the Freep embracing technology. Unfortunately, the first thing that came to mind for me was: Uh oh, more spelling mistakes.
Feel better!
Hope you feel better! You're a real social networking trooper I have to say, sicky sick sick sick and still updating!
Feelz Bettar =D
Post a Comment