Friday, October 24, 2008

Can one advise and blog at the same time?

The obvious answer to that question is No. This is clearly evident. I've not blogged since the great Twitter Debate experiment on the 2nd of October.

Advising began the week after that and over the past three weeks my days have gone something like this:

Get to work at 8:00 a.m., student, student, class, class, student, student, student, student, student, student, get my daughter from school, student, student, student, get home, eat dinner, grade, passout. Or like this past Sunday, it was church, bagel cafe, grade, IM interruption from student in Italy, from students working on midterm paper, from student needing advising help, grade, grade, um...

No wonder I'm tired (grin).

But it is my favorite time of the year. Great time to connect with students, hear about their successes and talk about how to overcome failures. Think about internships and study abroad and graduation and jobs and...well...it's a good part of my job. A really good part of my job.

The best things are the most exhausting I think.

0 comments: