Recommended Books (From the Vermont 3.0 Tech Career Jam)
I was on a panel discussion today at the Vermont 3.0 Tech Career Jam about "So you wanna be an Internet Marketer".
I had the pleasure of presenting along with Greg Brand of Bluehouse Group (a former employer of mine from the late 90's) and Paul Skarvinko of Epik (Paul is a former Champlain Graduate!).
In true professorial fashion I brought with me a stack of books. Real books. Tangible, touchable, readable books. (I have a rep to uphold you know). I was asked at the end of the panel if I had a listing of the books for people and I of course said, "Well, I'll put them on my blog"....so here they are:
- Here Comes Everybody by Clay Shirky
- Web 2.0: A Strategy Guide by Amy Shuen
- PR 2.0: New Media, New Tools, New Audiences by Deirdre Breakenridge
- Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions by Tim Ash
- The Art of Digital Branding by Ian Cocoran
- Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies by Charlene Li
I recommend these books to my students and actually in my Internet Marketing class the students are to select one from numbers 2-6 to read as supplemental -- based on their major area of study.
So there you have it folks! Enjoy.



2 comments:
I went to see So you wanna be an Internet Marketer and So you wanna build web sites and both of these were great.
Milena
Thanks Elaine. I'm passing this list along to Bob's son, an internet marketer... I also found the Sharky book very interesting. Karen Walker
Post a Comment