Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Looking for Leaders in all the wrong places

Warning...political rant. Can't help myself.

So the other day I had lunch with a very interesting person who I won't identify here. Suffice to say that our conversation moved to wondering about who will lead Vermont forward in the years to come. You know....a Leader. Someone with Vision. Someone who can help us get through tough challenges such as...

  • VT Yankee and the nuclear power debate
  • High Oil and Propane prices that are causing huge worries for the upcoming winter
  • Increasing cost of wood and wood stoves for those of us really worried about the high oil costs
  • Infrastructure, like our roads and bridges
  • Supporting education (my personal favorite)
  • Expanding our job base so we stop being so reliant on manufacturing and embrace a growing tech sector that is amazing!

Well I'm filled with RELIEF and JOY that our incumbent governor and a third party candidate care so much about these issues. It's evident to me especially when I read and hear stories like the one that came out today.

Here it is folks...

Douglas-Pollina argue over who gets credit for the "buy local" movement (http://www.vpr.net/news_detail/81071/)


Yep. The folks who say they can lead us are quibbling over who gets CREDIT for the buy local movement. OMG. I can't stand it.

Love agriculture. Love buy local. WHO CARES who should get credit!

Policy much?

1 comments:

Ann Zuccardy said...

I felt the same way you do when I heard about this on the news. Talk about wasting my time with non-issues. Anthony Pollina needs to worry about real issues. This is so trite.