Thursday, June 19, 2008

OM Bootcamp Day 2 Wrap-up and on being a Mom!

So yesterday's bootcamp sessions started with a great overview by Epik Analytics expert Justin Cutroni -- I've heard Justin speak before and he's very good. Great general overview of Analytics and the power of the Google tool.

Then it was deep into the weeds in the afternoon with the Analytics "Advanced" session. Hmmmm...so in this I learned some wicked cool stuff. Such as how powerful Java Script is in manipulating the data within Analytics. The most "Wow-factor" for me was the fact that you can actually use Javascript to lable EVERY field in a form in order to see at which point within the field you might loose someone -- and then you can run a funnel report to visualize it. Rock'n COOL! I would have liked to see way more on the Analysis part and would say that this advanced session was more appropriate for your IT/coders. Good to know what can be done...don't really need to know the reg edits in order to do it (grin). The speaker was Alex Ortiz. He did a great job and didn't even seem too insulted that I was browsing the web, using NetVibes and checking my email during his more detailed coding discussions (Thanks Alex!).

So why am I posting late? And why did I not make it to this mornings session (Day 3). Well...there's this other job I have as a "Mom". And yesterday my daughter stayed at a friends house. They have a trampoline. She came home limping. So today, instead of the first session of the general overview on online advertising, we hung out at home, waiting to go to the Doctor's to make sure the foot was just sprained and not broken. Long story short...It's not broken and my daughter is off to yet another friends house for an overnight of fun and silliness.

I'm off to lunch and the afternoon session deep dive into AdWords.

More later!

0 comments: