Monday, June 23, 2008

Wrap-up and Reflection from Summer Educator's Institute Presentation

Well I just wrapped up the presentation from the Summer Educator's Institute on Web 2.0 Technologies You Should Know About. I think it went well save for the complete bust on the TWEME.

Can't for the life of me figure out what happened -- especially when I thought for sure it would show all the comments...in one place.

Bummer.

I'll try again to figure it out. I think it might have had to do with the fact that so many people were hitting the server at the same time from the same IP Address. But, that's just a guess.

Going into the individual Twitter messages provides some great reactions to what we did today:

  1. Lots of new stuff to learn, not sure how to use it yet.
  2. What I thought about this exercise....it was frustrating getting in at first and I don't know if I want to be a "twit".
  3. i have way too many tabs open, facebook, netvibes, twitter, gmail, blogger..so many cool new tools so little time..
  4. I've signed up for Twitter and I am learning how to use it. I think this is really cool.
  5. Very enlightening exercise. Each of these tools seem to be hybrids of the other.
  6. I am trying to follow this twitter thing but it can be a little confusing...
  7. a bit scary, yet interesting,trying to think of ways I can use this in the classroom or communication between students, parents etc
  8. I am feeling completely overwhelmed and need time to play wiht these applications before thinking about educational uses.
  9. I am a little freaked out about this whole twitter thing - can I pick who follows me...no cell phone texting so how will it work

I was able to find all the reference to edconf using SUMMIZE and that link is http://tinyurl.com/5oetfl

So as I thought, two hours wasn't really enough -- and yet, it was enough to get people thinking and playing. Hopefully the sandbox metaphor worked! Now on to tomorrow and the presentation for the St. Mike's School and Community Course (GED 684) on Social Networking and creating community!

0 comments: